One of the most important properties on SW London’s Richmond Green has been put up for sale with an interesting pitch.
Local agency Cantell & Co is offering buyers the chance to acquire the elegant 18th century Grade II listed townhouse as either a “blank canvas” for £3m, with planning permission in place for a rare office-to-resi conversion; or, as a finished article designed to the new purchaser’s specs.
The owners are offering to outsource the project to Elston Developments, one of the country’s top experts in historic renovations, who would craft the space to a new set of preferences (at extra cost of course). The council-approved plans provide for a 4,000 square foot, five-bed residence arranged over five floors.
Built in 1731, No. 17 The Green served as a popular coffee house before turned into solicitors’ offices in 1861. It became the Richmond School of Cookery in 1900 and went on to become a boarding house, with lodgers including Virginia and Leonard Woolf, no less. Solicitors moved back in some time after 1919 and have been there ever since.
Laid out by Henry Vll, Richmond Green is one of London’s oldest and largest garden squares and was described in the seminal “The Buildings of England” as “one of the most beautiful urban greens surviving anywhere in England”.
Full details here
Images: Zoopla Property Group/Primelocation