As Roger Madelin, Jim Prower and Tony Giddings move on, King’s Cross developer Argent has made some changes to its senior management team.
Former Chief Executive Madelin joined British Land at the end of last year to drive the firm’s Canada Water scheme.
Two new partners and four directors have been appointed from within Argent to continue the firm’s urban placemaking activity:
- Michael Lightbound, already a Partner, becomes Finance Partner.
- Anna Strongman, currently Senior Project Director in asset management, becomes a Partner. Strongman oversees all estate management, property management and regeneration initiatives at King’s Cross, as well as contributing to the strategies for Argent’s Brent Cross South and Tottenham Hale sites.
- Will Colthorpe, currently Senior Project Director on the office development team, becomes a Partner. Colthorpe joined Argent in 2006 and is responsible for the office and hotel developments at King’s Cross, leading teams delivering design, procurement and leasing activities.
- Steve Alderson becomes Marketing Director.
- Rob Groves becomes Regional Director.
- Phil Sullivan becomes Construction Director.
- Phil Tait becomes Programme Director.
Argent’s agenda for 2016 includes finalising a joint venture agreement with Barnet Council for the 192-acre Brent Cross South site, design and planning applications activity for development at Tottenham Hale and exploring new build to rent opportunities – all with its new partner Related; as well as progressing Birmingham’s key city-centre commercial scheme, Paradise, and continuing to build and asset-manage London’s most exciting district, King’s Cross.